2019 International Ocean Colour Science Meeting
The 2019 International Ocean Colour Science meeting (IOCS – 2019) will take place from 9-12 April 2019 in Busan, South Korea, convened by the IOCCG and thanks to sponsorship from KIOST, NASA, EUMETSAT and Airbus. The meeting will include invited keynote speakers, breakout workshops, town hall sessions and a large emphasis on poster presentations for participants to present their own research. Two training sessions will take place on 8 April 2019 (Copernicus Marine Data Stream and SeaDAS). Early registration for IOCS-2019 is now open at heavily discounted rates – register here.
The nine breakout workshops below will complement the formal scientific program, and will provide an opportunity for extended dialogue and exchange of ideas with international colleagues. Proposals are now being accepted for Chairs and Co-Chairs to lead and develop the scope of each session, and can be submitted here. The deadline to submit a proposal to chair a breakout workshop is 15 November 2018.
1. Emerging new observational platforms or technologies for ocean colour research
2. Atmospheric correction under complex or extreme conditions/environments
3. Low cost validation methods and approaches
4. Optically-complex and shallow waters (including coastal and inland waters)
5. (Phyto)plankton characterisation/retrievals (PFTs, HABs, higher trophic levels)
6. Oceans and climate
7. Vicarious calibration and validation protocols
8. High temporal and spatial resolution research and applications.
9. Research to operations (R2O) applications
1 Nov – 31 Dec 2018: Early Registration (discounted rates)
15 November 2018: Deadline for proposals to Chair breakout workshops
1 Jan – 8 March 2019: Regular registration
15 February 2019: Deadline to submit application for travel support
1 March 2019: Deadline to submit poster abstracts