TO/FROM DUBROVNIK AIRPORT
The Dubrovnik Airport is approximately 24 km from the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel.
Approximately 36 minutes
- Take the airport bus service between airport and Old Town (also called Pile):
- Transfer to the city bus service between Old Town and Babin Kuk (location of the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel)
TO/FROM SPLIT AND DUBROVNIK
Regular bus service is available between the Split airport and Dubrovnik (Pile station). Please visit the website for more information: » https://www.buscroatia.com
Travel by city bus between the conference venue (on the Babin Kuk Peninsula) and the old city (Pile) is easy.
The bus stop for Route 6 (Babin Kuk – Old Town) is located across from the Valamar Dubrovnik Lacroma Hotel lobby. The route between Babin Kuk and Old Town (Pile) runs:
- EARLY MORNING (05:30 to 09:00): every 15 minutes
- DAYTIME THROUGH EVENING (09:00 to 01:00): every 10 minutes
- LATE NIGHT (01:00 to 02:00): every 15 minutes
The last departure from Old Town to Babin Kuk is at 02:15.
Routes 5 and 7 also serve Babin Kuk from other parts of Dubrovnik and stop at hotels near the Lacroma Hotel.
For schedule details visit: http://www.libertasdubrovnik.hr/city-timetable and select the appropriate route number. Tickets can be purchased directly from the driver or from various locations in the city. Price: 15 kuna from driver (cash only) or 12 kuna from ticket providers (prices subject to change). The ticket is valid 59 minutes from validation/stamping and can be used in all directions.
Oryx Rent-A-Car is offering a 30% discount for conference attendees. When making a reservation, enter “Ocean Optics Conference” in the notes section and the discount will be applied.